Friday and Saturday • October 25 and 26
On High Street between Nationwide Blvd and Goodale St in the Short North
$5 Admission at the gate
Children 12 and under free Saturday, Noon – 4:00PM
“…the single most elaborate Halloween event in the country.”
“…one of the country’s coolest and most fashionable costume parties.”
HighBall Halloween presented by Pagetech Limited is one of Ohio’s most anticipated Halloween celebrations. So big we had to close High Street to stage it! The best costume spying in Ohio. Electrifying stage shows and eye-popping street performances. The festivities are held directly on High Street in the blocks connecting the famed Short North Arts District to the Arena District and Downtown Columbus.
To commemorate its sixth anniversary, HighBall expands to two days – Friday and Saturday, October 25 and 26. The experience begins Friday evening with dancing in the street, bands, stage shows and designer competitions. The fun continues during the day on Saturday with activities for children and families, followed by the outrageous Dogtober Howloween pet costume contest. Saturday night returns to dancing in the streets and the highly-anticipated general public costume contests where thousands of dollars in cash and prizes are on the line.
A mashup of Carnivale, Mardi Gras, Day of the Dead, Halloween and a New York runway show! Really.
Features (click on any to learn more!):
• 5K Costume Zoom – Fun Run,
• Kid’s Day costume contest and festival,
• Dogtober pet costume contest,
• Ohio State vs Penn State Tailgate and Watch Party (with a twist),
• Cinematic makeup artists,
• Day of the Dead celebrations,
• Costume Couture Fashion Showdown for professional designers,
• HighBall Costume Contest for everyone else!
• The Nina West stage show,
• Bands, DJs, and dancing in the street!
• Crafts and workshops.
• Hotel specials at the Hilton Columbus Downtown.
Great food and beverages. Over 10,000 parking spaces within a 2-block radius.
Proceeds from HighBall Halloween presented by Pagetech are reinvested into the Short North Arts District. Profits help underwrite the programs and activities of the Short North Alliance, including: safety, district promotions, holiday campaigns, public art installations, parking management, and the strip’s clean and beautiful campaigns.
The Short North Alliance is a registered 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization established to nurture the Short North Arts District as a vibrant, balanced residential, cultural and business community; and as a regional and national destination, by:
* Advocating for and connecting the Short North with all of Columbus
* Improving public space infrastructure, access to and mobility within the Short North
* Creating a dynamic environment conducive to the arts
* Collaborating on marketing and programming initiatives that benefit the Arts District
* Developing resources to accomplish the Alliance’s goals
* Creating a clean and safe environment